Environmental Research Laboratory
- »Architectural Planning and Design Division
- »List of Empanelled Architect
- »Work Distribution
- »Form for Architectural Empanelment
- »Green Building Services
- Environment Engineering and Project Division
- »Preparation of DSoR
- »National Plan for Conservation of Aquatic Ecosystems (NPCA)
- »Vision Document for development of town for UADD
- »Waste Paper Recycling Unit
- »Project Management Consultancy/ Supervision and Quality Control
- »Conservation of Urban Water bodies
- »Landscaping and beautification
- »Structural design & Vetting
- »Green Ganesh Campaign
- »Comprehensive Mela Plan for Simhastha
Environmental Research Laboratory (ERL)
Environmental Research Laboratory (ERL) was established in the year 1997 under water quality Monitoring sub-project under Bhoj Wetland Project. The laboratory was notified as State Laboratory, declared vide Gazzete Notification No: F-5- 1-2000-XXXII Date: 19th May 2000 under Section 52 of Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution Act, 1974) and Section 28 of Air, (Prevention and Control of Pollution Act, 1981).
- To assess the ecological health of the surface water resources such as ponds, lake, wetlands, rivers etc which are of socio-cultural, ecological, social, economical, religious and historical importance through analysis of various physico-chemical and biological parameters.
- Suggest mitigative measures for improvement of water quality required for conservation and sustainable management.
- Prime activities of ERL at present is water quality assessment of important water bodies of the state (both rural and urban) for preparing the ‘Health Card’ to understand the status of water quality in terms of pollution, biodiversity so as to designate it for best uses as per “CPCB Criteria for Surface Water”.
- Water quality data for preparation of Detailed Project Report for conservation of important water resources of MP.
Major Project (Completed)
1. Preparation of Scientific Report for Conservation of Important Lakes & Reservoirs
ERL has prepared several reports on water quality assessment for number of water bodies of the state as part of preparation of DPR as per the guidelines of MoEF and CPCB. To name a few: water quality analysis for conservation and management of following lakes/wetlands of MP conducted in last few years.
- Sirpur Wetland, Yashwant Sagar, Indore
- Pipalia pala and 7 more lakes of Indore,
- Barna wetland of Raisen;
- Rani Tal, Govindgarh of Rewa,
- Amrit Sagar of Ratlam,
- Madhav reservoir and Chandpatha of Shivpuri,
- Devisagar, Munj Sagar of Dhar;
- Gulowa Tal, Sangram Sagar and 12 more water bodies of Jabalpur,
- Moti Tal of Balaghat, Sindh Sagar, Isahgarh of Ashoknagar,
- Lateri Talab, Lateri of Vidisa
- DPR (Master Plan) of 10 Water bodies of Bhopal has also been done under ERL.
2. Assessment of River Health through Physico-Chemical and Biological Studies of Holy River ‘Narmada’:
Under this water sample of Narmada River from 17 stations starting from its origin (Amarkantak) to Kakrana (Bordering Maharashtra/Gujarat) stretching 1000 Km in MP, were collected to understand the health of River Narmada with respect to pollution and biodiversity. The project was implemented under the financial assistance of State Planning Commission of Madhya Pradesh (Soft Copy to be uploaded)
3. Water Quality Assessment of Urban Water bodies of MP under PIPL Programme:
Under this programme water samples from 40 lakes situated in various districts/district head quarters of Madhya Pradesh were collected for understanding the water quality status in terms of best uses. Reports were submitted to respective district collector for necessary action. (Soft Copy to be uploaded)
4. Monitoring of water bodies for conservation and management
The laboratory is also involved in water quality monitoring of different water bodies in the state as and when required. Recently the water quality analysis of different water bodies located in the District Head Quarters has been done under ‘Wetland Rejuvenation Programme’ Phase-1 of MoEF&CC. (Soft Copy to be uploaded)
5. Dissertation and training
Dissertation and training facilities for students from colleges and universities on payment basis also provided by ERL. Students of various colleges under Barkatullah University, Jiwaji University, Gwalior, DAV, Indore, Rani Durgawati University, Jabalpur, Rewa University, Rewa Indian Institute of Mines, Dhanbad, RGPV, Bhopal, IIT, Rookie, IIT Kanpur and many other institution of National repute have completed their short term research studies and training in the laboratory.
Major Project (Ongoing)
1. Study on Bio-diversity of Sirpur Wetland, Indore: A study on biodiversity of Sirpur wetland, Indore (under NLCP programme of MoEF) is being conducted by ERL to assess the impact of remedial measures implemented under ‘Wetland Conservation Programme’ of MoEF&CC on water quality and biodiversity of the pristine wetland.
2. Water Quality Assessment of Shivna River, Mandsaur: Under this programme, water quality assessment from different places of the river stretching a length of 10 Km from origin to end of Mandsaur Town has been done. The report is a component of DPR of Shivna River which is being conducted under supervision of UAD, GoMP.
3. Water Quality Assessment of Sindh Sagar, Ishagarh of District Ashoknagar: Water quality Assessment of Sindh Sagar, Ishagarh of District Ashoknagar is being done at different intervals (Seasonal) as part of the MoEF& CC funded project for conservation and management of Sindh Sagar.
4. Water Quality Monitoring of 70 Water bodies of Madhya Pradesh : For preparing the health card of important water bodies under MoEF&CC, wetland rejuvenation: Part 2 Programme, water quality assessment of 70 water bodies covering 17 districts is being continuing.
5. Training of PGDEM Students: Laboratory personnel have been providing training to P.G & UG students, teachers, Govt. Officials working in the relevant field in coordination with EPCO Institute of Environmental Studies. The ‘Hands On’ training are of different module viz. 3 days, 7 days and 30 days depending on the requirement. More over students of PGDEM of EIES are also part of short term training. Apart from this different module of training programme are also being organized from time to time.
6. Dissertation: The dissertation is an essential part of the PG curriculum in almost all universities. The ERL is facilitating students to carry out the dissertation work. The dissertation includes identification of problems related to environment field, and carry out an extensive dissertation work on the chosen topic. ERL provides infrastructural facility for the collection of samples, their analysis and the guidance for the research work and report preparation during the dissertation. The duration for the dissertation varies from 2 months to 6 months with a fee of Rs. 2000/- per month.